The Uganda National Chamber of commerce and Industry (UNCCI) was set up in 1933. It is the oldest and largest nation-wide umbrella organization of the private sector in Uganda. UNCCI was formed as a private sector body and has grown to become a vibrant and credible business association, owned by members from the Ugandan business community. It was formally registered in 1978 as a company limited by guarantee without share capital. UNCCI enjoys a diverse membership and nationwide outreach with its 10 regional and over 80 district branches and draws its membership from the entire private sector, particularly the sectors of ; tourism, agriculture, manufacturing, hospitality, construction, import- export, transport, financial services, Small and Medium Enterprises etc.
It is this diversity that makes UNCCI the preeminent business association dedicated to advancing commerce and industry relations between Uganda and the International business community.
To be the leading private sector body for the business community in Uganda, providing members with an influential local, regional and global network for business growth.
To strengthen the private sector in Uganda, through emphasis of trade promotion, industrial development, effective advocacy for sustainable economic policies, and a conducive climate for economic development.
To achieve the above corporate goals, UNCCI requires values that shall define behavior and performance of employees within UNCCI, every day and everywhere.
Our prioritized organizational values are;
- Quality Service: Timely quality service delivery
- Innovation: Being creative and serving with new ideas
- Integrity: Commitment to inherent values of honesty, fairness and transparency
- Teamwork: Together we galvanize collective efficiency and realization of goals
- Lobbying and Advocacy
- Maintain structured forms of dialogue to promote public-private partnerships
- Disseminate up-to-date Business Information and Opportunities
- Issuing certificates of Origin
- Business Advisory Services
- Support vocational skills development
- Customized statistical reports
- Facilitate Joint venture and Business matchmaking
- Facilitate inward and outward trade and investment missions
- Provide a platform for Networking for our members
- Arbitration of Business Disputes
- Support young entrepreneurs through the Young Achievers Awards
The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC)
- The Association of East African Chambers of Commerce Industry and Agriculture (AEACCIA) and the East African Business Council
- The Islamic Chambers of Commerce and Industry (ICCI),
- UNCCI has also signed several Memorandums of Understanding with the American Chamber of Commerce and Industry in the United States of America, the Iranian and the Russian Chambers. It is also a member of the Common wealth Business council, Common Market for eastern and Southern Africa Business council, G77 chambers of commerce and the IGAD Interim Business Forum