The Uganda National Chamber of Commerce and Industry has a secretariat which is charged with the overall duty of overseeing the day to day activities of the Chamber throughout the country. The secretariat is divided into the following departments:
The Secretary General is responsible:
- For the overall leadership, development, coordination, and management of the Secretariat.
- Set strategy and vision, builds culture and teams and ensures overall business sustainability.
Finance and Administration Department
The department of Finance and Administration is mandated to:
- Ensure proper financial management over all UNCCI activities.
- Provide strategic direction and leadership in income generation.
- Ensure strong internal controls over all assets and revenues of the Chamber.
- Strengthen Management Systems for cost – effective functions and increased staff output.
- Periodic review for rewarding working environment and competitive Secretariat staff remuneration.
- Streamlining Revenue Collections from all the Active Districts.
- Prepare and arrange for Annual External Audits.
Business Development Department
The department of Business Development Service Department is mandated to:
- Provide business advisory services and develop inbound and outbound new business opportunities for members
- Organize and facilitate training/capacity building programs
- Support marketing activities, including Trade Fairs, Scientific Shows
- Design programs for business matching for partners nationally, regionally and internationally
- Coordinate consultancy services.
The department of Communication is mandated to:
- media and communications platform;
- enhance visibility and corporate image;
- and serve the interests of the membership.
Roles of IT Section.
- Manage and maintain all communication platforms including the UNCCI website, its publications.
- Empowering UNCCI Staff and its Members with current and competitive ICT solutions and e-knowledge.
- Provide training and advice on IT and other related matters to UNCCI Departments and UNCCI Members
- Promote suitable business environments for SMEs( business community) through technology
Research, Trade and Policy Department
The department of Policy, Research, Lobby and Advocacy is mandated to:
- Lobbing and Advocacy: Private sector voice
- Policy analysis: Analysis of government policies attached to business communities
- Undertake Research: to collect and monitor the trade industry Statistics and follow trends in trade literature
- forge strategic alliances, locally, regionally, and internationally with major business advocacy groups to broaden platforms for representation and advocacy; and to publish trade journals.
This department is responsible for;
- Ensure steady membership growth
- Maintain an authentic membership database
- Implement innovative and aggressive membership mobilization initiatives involving the Board
- Work with other departments to develop and provide services in relevant areas
- Strengthen coordination between Secretariat & district offices
- It also caters for the recruitment and well-being of all members in the 80 districts across Uganda.
- This dynamic department is responsible for managing the Chamber’s documentation and archives.
- The team under this unit also manages the customer relations
- function as the first point of contact at the Secretariat.